Countdown to Egypt

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pyramids-Sphinx-Camels Oh My!





We started our day at the Pyramids of Giza (a district of Cairo). Each brick is almost as tall as I am and weighs about 2 tons each. They are massive. In working around the Pyramids they discovered an ancient sailing vessel buried beneath and have excavated and restored it. Looks like something Cleopatra would sail on. Next we went to ride camels. Yes, Mom and I rode camels. You can tell they don't like it much. Mine kept trying to be the leader when he was hooked on behind another one. You get on them when they are laying down and then they stand up. I screamed because you are up pretty high. It was only a 15 minute ride, but lots of fun. On the way back to the drop area, another camel came up and started scratching on my knee and sniffing - he backed off and then here he came again smelling my elbow and then he looked like he wanted to bite my elbow. We were all laughing. We then drove around to the area to see the Sphinx. Not as large as I was anticipating, but still huge.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment