Countdown to Egypt

Friday, April 30, 2010

Edfu/Kom Ombo/Aswan



Today we visited the Temple of Edfu. It is a temple dedicated to Horus, the falcon-headed son of Osiris. Alot of Egyptian mythology here!!!! So confusing I had to buy a pamphlet naming them all. Walking into the temple one of the vendors, Kareem, came up to me trying to sell me a white scarf. I told him I didn't have time - he gave me his business card, asked my name, and tied the scarf around my hat (an alleged gift, but I knew better). I told Mom, I bet he is trying to mark me so he can find me in the crowd of people leaving. I took the scarf off and put it in my purse. As we were leaving the temple, I hear "Cindy, it's me Kareem, remember me." Too funny. Next we set sail to











Kom Ombo. Prior to arriving in Kom Ombo, lots of vendors started hooking onto the ship and trying to sell us stuff. However, Mom didn't know they were vendors and freaked out - thought they were trying to hijack the ship. We had a Galabeya party (long decorative Egyptian dresses) and I might add that they are pretty darn comfortable. The temple of Kom Ombo was five minutes from our ship. Pretty impressive temple. Here sacred crocodiles basked in the sun on the river bank. The temple was dedicated to the falcon and crocodile gods. Vendors - EVERYTHING ONE DOLLA (no I didn't misspell it - that is what they say)




No comments:

Post a Comment