Countdown to Egypt

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Luxor Balloon Ride Over West Bank



HOTTER THAN FIRE HERE TODAY!!!!!!! Got up at 3:00am this morning and went on a hot air balloon over the West Bank of Luxor. Went up about 1850 feet - absolutely wonderful - seeing the sunrise. Next, the members of the tour group that didn't do the balloon ride and our guide picked us up and we headed to the Valley of the Kings - got to see the tombs of Rameses IV, Rameses VI and Rameses IX. Pretty amazing. Next visited the Temple of Hatshepsut and then the Valley of the Queens. DID I MENTION IT IS HOTTER THAN FIRE?????? My body is in shock from all the water I've been drinking. Our ship sailed today and we are headed to Edfu. Hopefully more later - provided I can get internet.






1 comment:

  1. Cindy so glad to see you are actually there and having a good time. I was worried about your flight with the delays due to the volcano in Iceland. I'm glad you did the Hot Air Balloon ride, ours was wonderful. Hope yours was as good. I'm anxious to see your photo's but understand the flustration of poor internet. I took a small 7 1/2 inch notebook laptop with me and it worked great whenever we got internet. Have fun. I don't miss the heat. Will look for your future posts. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete